Forbes, a well-known business magazine from the United States, has released its annual list of the highest-paid athletes in the world. The salaries (before taxes), bonuses, and endorsements for athletes for the 2022-23 season are included on the 2023 list.
According to Forbes, the ten athletes on the list have made an estimated $1.11 billion last year before taxes and agent fees.
The amount is up $20 million, 12 percent from the $990 million earned in the previous year, and 5 percent from the record-breaking $1.06 billion earned in 2018.
There are ten athletes on the list, with football and basketball players occupying the majority of the top spots. Football players make up the top three athletes on the list.
Due to his staggering $75 million salary and his recent move to Saudi Arabia, Cristiano Ronaldo leads the list with total revenue of $136 million.
Lionel Messi, his rival, comes in second with $130 million in total revenue, just $6 million behind Ronaldo.
Kylian Mbappe, the French football star, finishes the best three with a sum of $120 million. In global football, Mbappe has the highest on-field income of $100 million.
With $119.5 million in total revenue, basketball legend LeBron James ranks fourth. Mexican boxer Canelo lvarez rounds out the top five with $110 million in total revenue.
Roger Federer, a legend in tennis who left the sport in September 2022, came in at number nine on the list, making $95.1 million from sponsorships.
Forbes lists the following athletes as the top ten highest-paid athletes for the year 2023:
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Football – Portugal) – $136 million
- Lionel Messi (Football – Argentina) – $130 million
- Kylian Mbappe (Football – France) – $120 million
- LeBron James (Basketball – United States) – $119.5 million
- Canelo Alvarez (Boxing – Mexico) – $110 million
- Dustin Johnson (Golf – United States) – $107 million
- Phil Mickelson (Golf – United States) – $106 million
- Stephen Curry (Basketball – United States) – $100.4 million
- Roger Federer (Tennis – Switzerland) – $95.1 million
- Kevin Durant (Basketball – United States) – $89.1 million
Leave a Comment