1. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governorship candidate, Similanayi Fubara has been declared the winner of Rivers State governorship election. Announcing the result in Port Harcourt on Monday night, the Returning Officer said Fubara secured 302,614 votes, while the All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship candidate, Pastor Tonye Cole came second with a total number of 95,274 votes.
2. Senator Uba Sani of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has been declared winner of the Kaduna governorship election. Declaring the result, the State Collation Officer, Prof. Lawal Suleiman Bilbis said Sani polled 730,002 votes, while Hon. Mohammed Isa Ashiru of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) scored a total of 719,196 votes.
3. The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) yesterday declared the Adamawa State governorship election inconclusive. Speaking after collating results from all the 21 local government areas of the state, the collation officer, Professor Muhammad Lamin Mele said the number of cancelled votes exceeded the difference between the two leading candidates.
4. The All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate, Reverend Father Hyacinth Alia has been declared winner of the Benue State governorship election. According to results announced by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Alia scored the highest votes to beat his closest rival of the Peoples Democratic Party, (PDP) Titus Uba.
5. The Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA), under the leadership of its President-General and Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar III, has urged Muslims across the country to look out for this year’s Ramadan after sunset on Wednesday.
6. The Peoples Democratic Party in Delta State yesterday called on the Deputy Senate President, Ovie Omo-Agege, to accept his defeat in Saturday’s governorship election in the state. The governorship candidate of the PDP, Sheriff Oborevwori, who is the Speaker of the state House of Assembly, defeated Omo-Agege, who was the candidate of the All Progressives Congress.
7. The Peoples Democratic Party in Katsina State has rejected the results of Saturday’s governorship election in the state. The Director General of the PDP Campaign Council in the state, Dr Mustapha Inuwa revealed the party’s position at a press conference in Katsina on Monday.
8. The European Union has knocked the Independent National Electoral Commission for failing to live up to expectations in the electoral process of Nigeria. The Chief Observer, EU Election Observation Mission, Barry Andrews, in a statement on Monday, said Nigerians hungered for democracy and were ready to be involved in the country’s democracy but the appetite was lost due to failures by the political elites and the INEC.
9. The Taraba State Police Command on Monday accused soldiers of shooting two policemen to death at a military checkpoint close to the INEC headquarters in the Jalingo area of the state.
10. The Electoral Officer and the Returning Officer for Zamfara state governorship election in Maradun local government area of the state have been kidnapped. The local government area is the hometown of Governor Bello Mohammed Matawalle, who is seeking reelection
Leave a Comment